C-section recovery remains a mystery to so many mums. It's C-section Awareness Month and we're filling a gap in C-section aftercare, once and for all.
If you've given birth via C-section, you'll know that there are so many things to think about when it comes to healing your body. Your doctor will probably tell you to keep your wound clean and not to drive for 6 weeks, but this doesn't begin to cover the information you need to know. What happens when you cough? How do you safely get out of bed? Why does constipation feel worse than the C-section itself? We've created a recovery guide to answer all of these queries, and more.
Why did we launch a C Section Recovery Guide?
We've always prided ourselves on being more than just a skincare brand. Motherhood is personal, and we get to know our customers pretty well. We've been overwhelmed by DMs and emails from C-section mums, telling us how little support they received after giving birth.
We surveyed over 2,000 C-section mums and we found that C-section recovery remains a mystery to most of you. A whopping 91% of you said that you were given no advice on scar healing, with the same number given no long-term support, such as physiotherapy or recovery plans.
With roughly 1 in 4 mums giving birth via C-section in the UK, we figured something had to be done. So, we sent out an SOS to some of the most knowledgeable experts in C-section recovery and boy, did they pull through. Together we created a free C-section recovery guide to help fill the gap in information.
What's in the C Section Recovery Guide?
Honey, what isn't in it? With information on the operation itself, scar massage, movement and so much more, this resource should answer all your burning questions about C-section aftercare.
- How to Feel Confident in Your C-section Birth with Emma Armstrong, Doula
- What to Expect from a C-section Birth with Christian Barnick, Consultant OBGYN
- Physical Healing and Scar Massage with Clare Bourne, Women's Health Physiotherapist
- Movement and Recovery with Hollie Grant, Pre and Postnatal Fitness Specialist
- Breastfeeding after a C-section with Danielle Facey, Breastfeeding Mentor
- Postpartum Nutrition with Lynda Stretton, Nutritionist
- Mental Wellbeing Tips with Kate Moyle, Therapist and Hannah Johnson, Scar Massage Therapist
- C-Section Workout Demo with Roxy Ekhaese, Prenatal and C-section Fitness Specialist
- Movement Q&A with Charlie Launder, Pre and Postnatal Fitness Specialist
Who is the C Section Recovery Guide for?
We created the guide for anyone needing extra support with C-section recovery. Whether you've recently given birth via C-section, you're planning on giving birth via C-section or you'd just like to be prepared for all birth eventualities, you'll find support from our experts.